Brokaw Credit Union
online banking
credit card access

Brokaw Credit Union

Promote Your Page Too

Order Personal Checks Online!

Declare Your Independence from Checking Accounts with fees, requirements and minimums We Make Fun Affordable

Scholarship Winner Karl Bauman

Scholarship Winner

BCU is pleased to announce its 2016 Scholarship winner is Karl Bauman from DC Everest Senior High School. Karl plans on attending the UW-Eau Claire in Fall; his major is currently undeclared. Karl was chosen to receive the $500 scholarship because of his personal efforts to learn about and implement money management skills.

Karl took the iniative through available school classes, to learn how finances work, as he had no prior understanding, but knew this was an important part of his future. It became hands-on after he was recommended to be part of the German Americn Partnership Program allowing him to travel to Germany for 3 weeks this summer, provided he could come up with the money. This was a daunting task to a minimum wage, fulltime high schooler, whose parents said he'd need to handle the expenses on his own. He took a really hard look at his expenses and income, and began putting away money each week to meet installment goals. Karl says "because of my teacher allowing me to part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, my eyes were opened to the importance of managing my weekly income and balanciing it with my expenses. This, along with the importance of being able to put money aside toward my long term savings, were lessons that my German teacher has inadvertently taught me. I will be able to use these skills to help prepare me for the financial challenge of saving and paying for college as well as all the challenges that lie beyond."

Karl has been a BCU member for 14 years, and we are excited about his future! Congratulations Karl!

Teens: Save for More Than New Sneakers This Summer

Teens: Save for More Than New Sneakers This Summer

You've already decided that you're not going to repeat last summer's spending fiasco. Remember that sick feeling you had when September rolled around and you had nothing to show for your hard work...except a cool pair of shoes and a few Blu-rays. But how do you get headed in the right direction for savvy saving?

For starters, you'll be making more money than you ought to have stashed around your room, so it's smart to open a checking and savings account at Brokaw Credit Union. Next, create a savings plan. For example, set aside 50% of your earning for a long-term investment like college or a car. Set aside 10% to 20% of earnings for immediate expenses like movies and eating out; and reserve 30% to 40% for a big-ticket item you've had your eye on, such as a television or game system.

Another long-term savings option is to open a Roth IRA (individual retirement account). By investing young and letting the earnings compound over the years, you'll be amazed at how it grows. BCU can help with this endeavor.

With goals and planning, you'll have something big to show for your efforts this fall—and far into the future.

We can help you with all of your financial goals. Stop by or call today at 715-359-7012.

Affordable health insurance made easy. Find plans that fit your budget. Designed for credit union members. Enroll now. Deadline February 15th. trustage

Brokaw Office

300 Everest Ave
PO Box 151
Brokaw, WI 54417
Phone: 715-675-2319
Fax: 715-675-5511

Lobby Hours:
M, T, Th 9:00-4:00
Fri 9:00-5:30
Closed Wed and Sat

Drive-up Hours:
M, T, Th 8:30-4:30
Fri 8:30-5:30
Closed Wed and Sat

Weston Office

2006 Schofield Ave
PO Box 199
Weston, WI 54476
Phone: 715-359-7012
Fax: 715-355-5295

Lobby Hours:
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
8:30 am to 5:30 pm

Drive-up Hours:
7:30 am to 5:00 pm
Tues, Wed, Thurs
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
9:00 am to 12:00 noon

Sign Up for Email Updates

Join Us For This Year's Moola Party

Tuesday, June 28
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Bowling at Dale's Weston Lanes

Hey Moola Club Friends
It’s time for our summer party, and we had so much fun bowling last year, Moola wants to do it again! So, you’re invited to join Moola and the gang on Tuesday, June 28, at Dale’s Weston Lanes for a fun time of bowling! Afterward, we’ll enjoy pizza together! The party will start at 1:00 pm, but arrive a little early so you can get your shoes and ball.

You’ll need to register in order to come, so have Mom or Dad call 715-359-7012 to reserve your spot. The deadline to register is Friday, June 24, but space is limited so call soon. If you are not presently a Moola Club member, you are especially invited to come and check out this fun group! Come ready for fun, and ready for pizza!!! Hope to see you there!

RV Travel Lets You Set the Course

RV Travel Lets You Set the Course

If you're thinking of traveling when you retire, one option is to become an "RVer." 

Cost: Despite high fuel prices, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, Reston, Va., (RVIA) contends RV vacations still are less costly than staying in motels, hotels, and resorts. And RVs also present an option for "snowbirds" to winter in warmer climates.

Choice: At the low end is a lightweight pop-up camper for a mere $4,000 new, and the chart rises to a luxury motor coach starting around $250,000. Larger RVs bring more amenities and more room: multiple TVs and air-conditioners, and more slideouts.

Hitches: RVers who tow trailers favor fifth-wheel hitches—rather than bumper hitches—because there's less trailer sway on the road, and they're easier to hitch up and park.

Gas mileage: Large Class A and B motor homes require big diesel or V-10 gasoline engines that get four to 10 miles per gallon (mpg). But the RV industry touts a new economy engine where  several manufacturers said they're installing turbo diesel engines that get 17 to 19 mpg. 

Parking: For scenery and low prices, try national and state parks. You'll have more amenities at private campgrounds or RV villages than at state or national parks, but the rates go up as well. While some private campgrounds rent for $12 to $17 a day, four- and five-star villages run $35 to $50 a day or more. Some parks limit residence to people age 55 and older. And some exclusive parks don't rent space; you have to buy a lot, which in Florida can range from $49,900 to $250,000.

Before you buy: Take a trial run. Rent an RV and see how you like towing and parking it. Or, rent and stay in a stationary park-model trailer for $1,200 to $1,500 a month—about what you'd pay to rent a small condo.

Visit us here at Brokaw Credit Union to help you structure an RV or travel loan to fit your needs. We have deals on now!

equal housing opportunity
TruStage Insurance Agency
americas credit unions
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government